Friday, November 4, 2011

Ummmm . . . . what happened??

So I posted one, uno, jeden, un . . . . how ever I write it, it wont change the fact that I posted just 1 post for 2010. Sad but true. I guess my quest to update our blog wasn't really all that successful.

Well I am here to try again . . . .

I have decided to miss about ooohhhh the past 2 years of our lives to catch us up relatively quickly. The very briefest of over views will tell you that we arrived back in Perth, WA on 30th June 2009.
Kaiden went back to Tapping Primary School. He started at the beginning of term 3 in Mrs Pegararo & Ms Murray's year 2 class. He was re-united with some old friends and introduced to some new ones. Year 3 saw Kaiden in Mrs Jannette Crisp's class. Mrs Crisp turned out to be a wonderful teacher who showed she really cared about her students more than most. Year 3 was a tough year for Kaiden as he struggled with keeping his focus in class and keeping on top of his class work. With the help of Mrs Crisp we were able to have Kaiden assessed by many different specialist/clinics/Dr's etc and discovered Kaiden has ADHD. Not a great thing to discover but we are grateful we did. He has since commenced a small dose of medication and attended a tutor twice a week, every week for the past year (with Nina) and he has just sored. Kaiden really struggled with motivation to attend his tutoring but to his credit he really did a great job. His original assessment showed he was below average in most assessments for his age and year level. His recent (Oct 6th) re-assessment showed he had a remarkable improvement in all areas. He scored average or above average in ALL areas of assessment! Dr ?? was truly amazed at his progress. She said he was a remarkable young person who was simply a delight to spend time with. His assessment took approx 2 1/2 hours. I was so proud of him. Dr ?? said that I should be really pleased and I was almost speechless as I pointed to my tear filled eyes as I managed to mutter in a broken voice "I am so very proud" We are just so thrilled that Kaiden is where he should be and not behind the 8 ball anymore. He still has a lot of work he must do to keep up his progress but we know he can do it as he continues to work hard. What a blessing. Thank you everyone who has helped our little pumpkin over the past 2 years in particular. We will be forever grateful. You know how some people can look back on their lives and can say that a particular person or event truly changed their life. Well Kaiden will be able to look back on his life and say that his 3rd grade teacher, Mrs Crisp was that person for him. Because she cared about the little boy who would constantly interrupt and distract the entire class while she was trying to teach, because she recognised that this high spirited, happy little boy was not simply 'naughty' when she was continually asking him to stop talking or stop fidgeting, she has changed his life. Thank you Mrs Crisp for caring about our boy and for taking the time and energy it required (I know how sometimes you felt at the end of your rope) to help us realise what he needed to help him. To say thank you is simply not enough but that is all we can do, so THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts. THANK YOU!

Kaiden also took up Tai Kwon Do to help him with his concentration and focus. This turned out to be an amazing experience for him as well. He loves his Martial Arts. Kaiden started as a white belt in May 2010 and has worked his way up to his Blue Belt 2 which he attained on 11th Oct 2011. Mr Colin Luthwood and Mr Sam Molan have been Kaiden's instructors and they have been amazing. We loved their whole out look on teaching the kids. They have been great role models for Kaiden and all the kids they teach. Kaiden has truly loved it, made some great friends and wants to continue with his Martial Arts into the future so he can attain his Black Belt someday. I have no doubt he will be successful in his goal. Love you Kaiden xo

As for myself well I spent most of the last 2 years chasing after Kaiden, taking him here there and everywhere. Mostly to tutoring and Martial Arts along with some other fun things too. Don't get me wrong, we managed a few family trips down South and also one great one to Broome. Didn't travel anywhere near like we did from Denver but we had some fun times.

In November 2009 I started working at Fertility North, which was our Fertility Clinic when we were going through all this ourselves. Just a 3 day a week part time job in admin/front desk. It was awesome and I was really enjoying it. 3 months in I was asked to take on the Admin Manager's job as our current Manager was resigning due to some personal issues. I said no but after some negotiations a compromise was made where I could still be available to Kaiden so I said I would give it a go. It turned out to be awesome. I totally loved it. I think it was almost the perfect job for me. I love being in the medical field. I love taking care of people. I have been down the IVF road with Simon so I know better than most what the patients are going through and what is truly involved which turned out to be a massive plus. What the Doctors can do for couples and families that are struggling to have a child is nothing short of amazing. What a fantastic gift to be able assist someone in realising their dream of a child. To be apart of that is even a small way has been such a blessing and I truly mean that. I have reignited old friendships and made many more new friendships. I really will miss my job because to me it was much more than just a job. Sounds a little corny hey . . . but true.

Simon came home from Denver with PwC and moved to one of his clients on contract for about a year before moving to a mining company for 8 months. In Feb we went back to Colorado for a snowboarding trip and to catch up with friends. Simon caught up with some work colleagues and friends as well, which led to his current job with PwC Houston. It all moved pretty swiftly once the offer was made. Simon left Perth 18th Sept 2011 and started work 26th Sept 2011.

And so our new adventure in Houston Texas begins . . . . . almost . . . .

No comments: