

So the important business that we needed to be back in Denver for was Kaiden's very 1st Piano Recital. A little piano concert at the Heritage Club in Denver. It is a Jewish Retirement Home. Very nice place from the looks. Kaiden was asked by his piano teacher, Gabriella to play "Peter Peter" in the concert. He was so excited. He practiced every day, although he didn't think he needed to because he knew it already. Still he practiced and on the day he did a great job. He was a little nervous. He gets a little goofy when he gets embarrassed & as a result he put his music book on the piano upside down which of course made people laugh a little. He was 1st up because he was the youngest and the most inexperienced. So he needed a little moral support after that. He called for me and said he was a little embarressed, so I asked his piano teacher to just sit next to him while he played & he was fine. He really did a great job.
At the end of all the concert all the kids gave the residents a flower and spoke to them. Actually the wife of the composer who wrote Peter Peter was a guest for the concert & Gabriella introduced her to Kaiden. He was most impressed that she was there. Very exciting.
We are very proud of you Kaiden. It isn't easy to get up in front of a room full of strangers & put yourself on the line. Can't wait for Recital #2.
Turn off my blogs music first before you press play.
Not a fabulous picture, but you'll get the idea.
6 comments:
Well done Kaiden, you are very brave, I don't think I could do that.
Cameron still askes me when Kaiden is coming home.
xoxo
OMG....he is growing so much!! Did he have a good birthday? I have been looking out for the 2009 Collingwood car...but it's not out yet.
Well done Kaiden. Just like J-Luke in OTH...he got nervous at his recital and told jokes instead. Because...life after all...is a soap opera! xoxo
He was brave. There were a lot of people.
Don't you worry . . . Kaiden remembers Cam. He really does miss his friends back home (more than I thought he would) and is looking forward to hanging out.
Kaiden was the youngest and the most inexperienced performer on the day and also first on the programme,so it was a good effort for a little boy. I was so pleased to be there to see it all. Well done Kaiden.
Mum/Grandma x
Well done Kaiden. It was very good of you to perform for those people - I'm sure they enjoyed it. xox
Awesome job Kaiden! I am totally impressed. I hope you are having fun in Denver - we miss you!
BTW Kell - we flew via Denver on our way to (LAX then) Australia the other week. It was snowing sideways and our plane was getting all blown around - and that was just while we were sitting on the runway!
In Sydney now and having a blast. Took K into Circular Quay last night on the river cat so he could see all the lights of the city / bridge / opera house. Having a ball. Happy Easter to you guys xx
Post a Comment