So do you think that Mum could visit us in ski season & not visit where we spend most of our Winter and Spring? Doubt it. Of course we took her up to Breckenridge. It was a beautiful day. I decked Mum out in some of my ski clothes & off we all went.


We all rode the chair lift up to the top of Silverthorne. Mum & I sat at the cafe waited for Kaiden & Simon to come past. They rode all morning. We had a lovely time chatting, drinking hot chocolates & watching the boys. The weather was gorgeous, so it was all good. The boys met us for lunch then Kaiden & I rode down to the bottom while Simon headed up the mountain & Mum headed down on the chair lift. She had a great birds eye view of Kaiden coming down the mountain under her.


We all rode the chair lift up to the top of Silverthorne. Mum & I sat at the cafe waited for Kaiden & Simon to come past. They rode all morning. We had a lovely time chatting, drinking hot chocolates & watching the boys. The weather was gorgeous, so it was all good. The boys met us for lunch then Kaiden & I rode down to the bottom while Simon headed up the mountain & Mum headed down on the chair lift. She had a great birds eye view of Kaiden coming down the mountain under her.
The 3 of us spent the rest of the afternoon . . . . wait for it . . . . shopping. Our plan was to walk down one side Main St & back up the other but we didn't really get that far. There are so many cute shops & galleries there, as I said we didn't get very far by the time we needed to head back. Oh well, it was lovely afternoon. Actually a great day all round. Mum enjoyed the snow & I think she enjoyed watching Kaiden snowboard.
3 comments:
I'm still loving his helmet!! so pretty...you are going to miss that snow!! xoxo
Yeah we will. None more than Simon. It's a worry actually!!
Hey Kel,
It was a great day up at Breckenridge and I enjoyed it very much. It was so relaxing just watching the skiers and boarders while we chatted and drank hot chocolates. Thanks for the clothes for the day too! I so wanted to ski too but just couldn't take the chance on hurting my knees, however it was great to watch Simon and Kaiden scooting down the mountain. What a beautiful place and great shops in the village too.
We met the owners of an art gallery who have Aussie connections and that was nice. The art was great too. The day went all too quickly. I can see you will all miss the snow very much. I can also see a few trips to the snowfields in Victoria or maybe NZ when you return home!
Thanks for a lovely day Kel.
Mum/Grandma x
Post a Comment