Monday, March 30, 2009

Mum's here!!

Mum's here!! She arrived safe & sound on Thursday 5th March. We had a relaxed first weekend. Kaiden had a couple of birthday parties to go to on Saturday so Mum, Simon & I took the opportunity to go to the movies. We saw the International with Clive Owen & Naomi Watts. It was a good flick. We went to the Landmark Theaters which we love. The movie is $12 but you get to drink as much soft drink and eat as much popcorn as you like. It really is brilliant and the thing is you would think that you would eat and drink tones but I think I eat less popcorn here than at a regular theater. Weird. Anyway, the chairs are comfy & everything is clean & it is just the best theater around.

Monday morning I roped Mum into helping in Kaiden's class. I didn't have to do much convincing mind you. It was fun and Kaiden loved having both of us there. We both helped out with generally helping the kids with their journal writing for the day then we both took reading groups for the rest of our time. It is always great to help in Kaiden's class & while he is still so happy to have me there, I will be. Thanks for helping Grandma. Kaiden loved having you in his class.

I should have taken our photo at the mall because that is where we spent most of our time over the next week. We did manage to change it up a little. We didn't always go to the same mall. I think we hit 3 during the week & I even managed to get a temple session in while Mum read a book in the sun. See, we did other things. It wasn't just all shopping! Really! We also had lunch with Alicia & Margaret. See, told ya. Other things.

It was a fun week! It is always a good week when your Mum is around.

3 comments:

megan said...

You sound sooo happy to have your Mum there, and what better activity to do than shopping. I personaly can't think of anything.
I bet Kaiden loved having both his Mum and Grandma in his class...Lucky boy.

xoxo

Danielle said...

Megs...has someone kidnapped you and replaced you with Miss Chirpy??
JK.. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel,
It was fun shopping with you. We did shop a lot, more than I had intended but the shopping is so good; a girls got to do what a girls got to do! Loved the movies and enjoyed the theatre, but you're right you don't over eat because the popcorn and drinks are free (well I guess it's in the ticket price, but it's very good value). A nice experience. Also taking the kids to the movies for Kaiden's birthday and having table service for lunch was great fun too, as was the movie "Hotel for Dogs". The kids (& adults) loved it. Leaving the theatre to the heavier snowfall was also another experience; a good one as it was lovely. We were lucky we went to the session we did as the theatre shut down for the day due to the snow.
Thank You for taking such good care of me during my stay. I had such a wonderful time. It went way too fast.
Love, Mum/Grandma x