Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Finally . . . . a kid can only wait so long!

Kaiden lost his very first tooth today. Hooray! Poor kid has been waiting for what seems to him, a lifetime to lose his first tooth. Pretty much all of his friends and kids in his class have lost at least one if not several teeth over the past year or more and now finally Kaiden can add his name to the list.
For ages he's been telling me he had a loose tooth. I would check and it would just be wishful thinking but I would say at least a month ago he came to me with the real thing. Finally a loose tooth he could wiggle and jiggle and play with. Still it took him a month for it to finally come out. It got pretty loose about a week and a half ago and then last week at the trunk or treat he bit down and it started to bleed. Of course my brave little soldier burst into tears . . . . there was blood . . . . and lots of it . . . . he could taste it. Very dramatic for the little man as you could imagine. I suggested he get Dad to pull it out for him but he adamantly refused the offer. In the last couple of days I tried to get him to twist it out but he couldn't . . . . too much torture. Honestly it really was hanging by a thread. Then this morning he was brushing his tooth and when he brushed sideways, it just popped out. Simple and easy with no pain. Brilliant! You should have heard the screams of delight and his little face. Oh, he was so cute. To say he was thrilled is an understatement. Just as excited as one little toothless boy could be.

















He put his tooth in a safe place, ready to put under his pillow for the tooth fairy's visit. I wonder how much she will leave . . . . will have to wait and see I guess.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

What a cute little gap...did you cry?

Anonymous said...

no, he was just too excited about the whole thing to bring me to tears . . . . but once those big teeth start coming in he wont look like a little boy anymore. That makes me want to cry!!

Danielle said...

yes...it can be a bit of an unattractive little episode. i will cry when ben's teeth fall out. i was hoping they had come up with an anti-growth hormone by now...i want to jab him with it.

wwwaaaaahhhhh...... ;o(

Anonymous said...

How Gorgeous!! Fabulous photo too. Can just imagine the surprise at the realization his tooth had come out......often happens that way doesn't it? I've just loved your "life and times of", your writing is just wonderful....it's very entertaining.... Dad says so too.
Talk soon Kel. I love You.
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox