Monday, October 6, 2008

The flavour of the month

Kaiden has discovered Monopoly. Seriously this game should be called "Monopolise". How many times have we played over the last month? I can't actually tell you. I've lost count. It has been fun though I must admit, watching the excitement on his little face when he concours the real estate world. It's priceless. He's just loving it. He's quite funny, very serious little business man as he wheels and deals his way around the board. He's actually good at it as well and I don't let him win either. He has to win it fair and square (pretty much). He is always the banker, so he has to work out all the money himself. I figure it is helping him with his maths as well as being an incentive to finish his homework and reading. If it's done in a reasonable time then there is time for the game he loves . . . monopolise . . .

Mum stop laughing . . . When I was little I had to bribe my own Mother to play Monopoly (any board game really but particularly this one for obvious reasons). I have a really vivid memory of being home from school sick and I guess Mum was feeling overly compassionate because she agreed to play Monopoly with me. Well the day came and went very quickly and by the end of it we were still playing. Like I said . . . . "Monopolise" Arhhh, memories!

Oh, and just for the record . . . if you hide your own money under the board . . . . it's NOT CHEATING!!! It is a creative money managing skill!! But it ISN'T CHEATING!! How many times do I need to say it. I obviously have some strong feelings about it that remain unresolved.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Kelly you money hider!!

Loving that little competitive streak you have....

I preferred a bit of Connect 4 myself. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Kel

Gosh that's funny. I didn't realise that hiding money under the board was so common... my brother used to do it all the time and I have memories of finding out, furious and flipping the board over, walking out amidst the money flying through the air... ha haaI have to go but look forward to chatting soon!

xo Mel

Kelly said...

See . . . . it wasn't just me. Obviously Mel's brother was a shrude Monopolise player. Sounds like a smart kid to me. lol.

Anonymous said...

Oh, the memories! Very good ones though.
An educational tool as you say......

Love You, Mum xoxoxxox