Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some friendly advice for the boys . . .

I feel it is my duty to pass this along to anyone who cares. I realise it was written by a bloke but I have to say it is pretty much on the money and all boys who care about their significant other should take head. Plus it's a laugh . . . . . . because it's true. Enjoy!


9 WORDS OR PHRASES WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument, when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It !

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - then it is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' .... that will bring on a 'whatever').

(8) Whatever: Is a women's way of saying S.C.R.E.W. YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.


If you're smart . . . . you'll remember this advice.
P.S. It all makes perfect sense. Doesn't it Girls!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

If only they could remember these things. ;o)

Kelly said...

Tell me about it!

It isn't that hard!!

But obviously . . . . lol (:

Kristen said...

LOL, this is so true. I'm actually a little ashamed at how oftened I pull all of these out...

megan said...

I am copying this and sending it to Daniel so he can't forget...don't want to put the poor man at a disadvantage. Thanks for the great post Kelly.

xoxo

megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.