Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Little Piano Man

Kaiden has been asking to play the piano for ages. At the end of church every Sunday he runs up to the piano and belts out noise for all to hear. I had thought that I would just wait until we got home to Australia before starting him, thinking that he couldn't really start here. I could buy a piano because we can't take it home and I didn't want to get a key board because we can't take that home either being electrical . . . . So I decide to hire a piano so that he could start taking lessons now. Strike while the iron is hot. Plus I thought I could start to learn as well. I always wanted to learn when I was a kid and Mum and Dad said they would hire a piano to see if I was serious about it but I really didn't have the time, so I never did. So hopefully we'll both be able to get something out of it. I hope he likes it. I really think that every kid should learn an instrument of some sort. And since Kaiden is already an accomplished harmonica player (just ask him) I guess this would be instrument # 2 for him.

Even though he was feeling tired and running a temp when he got home from school, he was still really excited when he saw "his piano" He's been on it every chance he's had. Next step is to find him a piano teacher. We have 2 interviews set up for this week so hopefully we'll get going soon. I am really excited for him . . . . . Stay tuned for up coming recitals.

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow...haven't you been a busy little blogger? And commenter!

Roc is visiting Laura who has just had baby #1. She is on LSL from work for 3 months.

Move over Mozart!! Go Kaiden...I see some talent that needs to come out from under it's bushell! ;o) xoxo

Kelly said...

yeah, as you can imagine he can already play anything that you request. He's amazing. He can see it in his head and hear it in his little ears so he knows it all straight away. You never know . . . this might be his thing.

Danielle said...

Wow...for real? That is very cool!! xo

Kelly said...

NO, just in his own mind . . . . but he aint lacking for confidence. He's pretty into it though so we'll see.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.