Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Nishwa marries Keith Weiss - 18th April 2008

Today, my friend Nishwa married her Prince. Nishwa met Keith Weiss when she moved to Bow in New Hampshire on the east coast of the US. I first met Nerissa 15 years ago in Melbourne where I was serving a mission. Man I am showing my age. Anyway after reconnecting about 6 years ago we have been firm friends since & will be forever. Kaiden couldn't say Nerissa when he was really small, it came out Nishwa . . . so she has been 'Nishwa" to us ever since. Anyway enough about me . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . this was Nishwa's day (& Keith was there as well)

I flew into Manchester, New Hampshire on the Wednesday to be there for the wedding on Friday. It was actually quite an emotional experience leaving Kaiden behind for the 1st time. I have never gone anywhere with out him before and certainly not hopped a plane anywhere with out him. I thought I would be fine but when I got on that plane & buckled my belt I had a sudden rush of weirdness come over me. I called Simon & that just made it worse. I sat there all pathetic with tears rolling down my cheek & wrote it all down in my diary. After that was done I pulled my self together, got over myself & flew to NH to have a great few days with my friend. Nishwa's sisters (Nadine, Alana Carla), new brother in-law (Liam) & parents (Russell & Julie) all flew in from around the world. We spent the next few days hanging out & I claimed the official title of 6th sister (Liam claims the 5th sister title). It was great fun.

Nishwa looked beautiful. The wedding was at the Boston Temple. Now usually the bride is the one to get a little emotional but I don't recall Nishwa shedding a tear all day. I know I did at least twice actually I think it was 3 times. Keith also showed some emotion as he looked at his bride across the alter & then again at the reception. It was a beautiful day & one that I am so glad I could witness & even be apart of. I know they will be a happy ever after couple!

CONGRATULATIONS my friend. xoxox

1 comment:

megan said...

When I went to Europe last year I think I cried everyday for the first week because I had left my girls...its so hard being a MUM

It is so cool that you could go to Nishwa's wedding...it must be great to have your friends at the temple with you when you get married.