Our Apartment . . . .
We are taking Leonardo Di Caprio's lead from the movie The Beach . . . . you know, the movie where he finds a small secret community on a secluded island in Thailand. One of their own is injured in a shark attack and they decide to move him just outside the group's perimeter so they can't hear his continuous moaning & screams from the pain. This way they could go on with their lives as if nothing had happened. Like I said, we took Leo's lead and moved Simon out into the lounge so we couldn't hear him moaning in pain. Now it isn't that we don't care of course but if I am to function and take care of him, I do need to get something resembling a decent nights sleep and as harsh as it sounds, it is hard to do when you have to listen to someone grunting and groaning all through the night. Pain or no pain.
We are taking Leonardo Di Caprio's lead from the movie The Beach . . . . you know, the movie where he finds a small secret community on a secluded island in Thailand. One of their own is injured in a shark attack and they decide to move him just outside the group's perimeter so they can't hear his continuous moaning & screams from the pain. This way they could go on with their lives as if nothing had happened. Like I said, we took Leo's lead and moved Simon out into the lounge so we couldn't hear him moaning in pain. Now it isn't that we don't care of course but if I am to function and take care of him, I do need to get something resembling a decent nights sleep and as harsh as it sounds, it is hard to do when you have to listen to someone grunting and groaning all through the night. Pain or no pain.
To prefus this I must say that it wasn't our intention to isolate Simon for our benefit but when I got up to help him at 3am yesterday morning that scene from the Beach popped into my head and then again a today. Must be something in it I would say. Poor Simon.
No comments:
Post a Comment