Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Australia Day . . . . 26 Jan 2009


Okay, I know this post is a few days after Australia Day but I couldn't let it pass by with out noting the day. That morning I walked into Kaiden's school with an Aussie t-shirt on and said Happy Australia Day to the ladies in the office and the other Mum's I was meeting. Kaiden wore one of his Aussie t-shirts to school that day as well. I am happy that he is so proud of his home.


10 Things I love about Australia

  • The Aussie sense of humour. Very dry and sarcastic = VERY FUNNY!
  • The Aussie spirit of never giving up & helping out your neighbour in times of need
  • Even though we are small in number compared to other countries, you can always find an Aussie overseas and have a good yack. Aussies stick together.
  • Again, even though we are small in number we are always ready and willing to help out our International Allies.
  • Aussie Rules - don't like the other ball games. We'll make up our own!
  • Vegemite - Mmmm vege on fresh bread with butter! Yum!!
  • Cadbury's & Tim Tams and Milo - The good old Tim Tam slam
  • We are a nation that is truly multi cultural in all facets of life
  • Our No Worries, She'll Be Right attitude
  • It's the greatest country on earth!!

Gotta say, I am very proud to be Australian - This is one holiday I miss. Australia day is awesome!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

AMEN!! To all of that! xo