As I previously mentioned we were supposed to go a week ago, then it was changed to Tuesday night. Then it was changed to Friday night. We missed that deadline as well and so at the 11th hour I again changed it Saturday morning. First flight out! Brilliant! We would leave at 5am to catch the early flight, get into San Diego about 8.30 am ready for a full day of fun. Well that was the plan but as the saying goes and the last week proves . . . the best laid plans. We made out flight so at least we were on our way. We got to San Diego but weren't able to land due to fog. So we just kept circling the air space over until we started to run out of fuel. We then had to fly back to Ontario CA airport to refuel. Long story short . . . . we arrived in San Diego 4 hours late. I tell you what though, we were glad to be coming into San Diego and not flying out because it was a ZOO. Obviously if we couldn't land because of the fog, planes could take off either, meaning there were people everywhere lined from one end of the airport to the other and out the door (literally) trying to check in and go through security. Nightmare!! Luckily for us we did what we always do and just had hand luggage, so we walked off the plane and made our way through the maze of people and straight to our rental car! We made it. 4 hours late but hey, we FINALLY made it. Oh and Simon just casually mentions that he's not sure how long we'll stay because he may need to go into the client's office on Monday. WHAT? Are you kidding? Apparently not but we would take the chance he could do everything they needed from here and not have to fly home. I think what made it really hard was the not knowing until the very last minute whether we needed to get in the car and go to the airport or quickly ring the airlines, car rental people and the hotel to try and change our reservations (again) so we wouldn't lose too much $$. Considering all our changes I think we came out of it pretty well. Plus WE MADE IT!! Yippee!!
Monday, December 1, 2008
We Made it ! ! ! ! Finally.
And I do mean finally . . . . .
Okay, so we made it and this is where we stayed while in San Diego. The Hotel Del Coronado. Isn't it beautiful. To be totally honest, I had never heard of it until friends of ours told us how awesome it was. They spent their honeymoon there and LOVE it. Having stayed there and seen it for myself, I can see why. It really is a beautiful Hotel. It has tones of history and is a very famous Southern Californian Icon. They have made several movies here. 'Some Like It Hot' with Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon. Anyway, it is a beautiful hotel. Our room had a little balcony that over looked the inner courtyard which was beautiful. Kaiden and I ate breaky out there each morning except for the one morning Simon wasn't working so we had it down stairs at one of their restaurants.

Kaiden and Simon on the beach with the Del Coronado in the background.
Something cool . . . our hotel has a ghost. Mary Morgan, she checked in the day before Thanksgiving in 1892 and never checked out. Ooohhh. People swear black and blue that they've seen her and there are several books about sightings but unfortunately, not from lack of trying, Kaiden and I couldn't find her. It was funny though, Kaiden now had a reason for strange and mysterious things happening. If he couldn't find his socks . . . It was Mary. I couldn't find my dairy . . . . maybe the ghost took it. Kaiden didn't remember turning on the light . . . again, he was sure it was Mary. What was funny was that even when we returned home he couldn't find something and he said the ghost from the Hotel had come home with us and he thought it must have been her. He wishes. What a great alibi.
Kaiden and I went exploring a few times but like I said, we never saw the Ghost of Mary Morgan. It was fun pretending though and Kaiden had a great time sneaking around trying to spot her. I tried to tell him I didn't think it was possible to sneak up on a ghost but he thought other wise. We had fun anyway. Check this out. This is Kaiden's impression of Marilyn Monroe although I think he looks more like Dr Dread out of Austin Powers. What do you think? He's such a wall flower. I'm a little concerned . . . . he needs to come out of his shell more . . . . (:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Trust Kaiden to think that Mary would want to come home with him. His imagination is incredible.
That Hotel is amazing. And yes...you may need to send Kaiden to therapy....he is far too shy!! xo
Post a Comment