Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight the Movie

Okay so we didn't get to go to San Diego on Tuesday which meant that I was in town to go to the midnight opener for Twilight with a group of friends. San Diego, Twilight, San Diego, Twilight . . . . hmmm tough choice. NOT, I didn't get the choice remember. I think I've said enough about that though.
Well my professional opinion as an amateur movie goer was that it sucked. No pun intended. What is worse is that I went with quite low expectations and even those weren't met. I guess I thought because I really enjoyed the books, the movie wouldn't live up to the hype and I am sad to say that I was right. The characters were stiff and ridged even when they weren't trying to be and I didn't think that Bella and Edward had any chemistry what so ever. It was all very serious and heavy with scattered awkward scenes that caused the teeny boppers in the audience to roar with laughter at inappropriate times. I think the biggest disappointment was the casting of the Cullen's. I don't mean to sound superficial but I know it will seem that way. The Cullen's are supposed to be the most beautiful family that Bella has ever seen. Almost regal in appearance oozing style and grace. And Edward is this stunning God like creature seemingly chiseled from marble. I think someone f
orgot to point this out to the casting director. They weren't beautiful at all. None of them were. Independent films with smaller budgets tend to have actors that obviously aren't the best in their field but you would think that if they have actors that can't act, there would at least be a trade off with some decent eye candy. Most beautiful family ever seen remember? I think the most beautiful person in the movie was Victoria and she's the evil one. Anyway, as you can tell it was very disappointing, more so than I was expecting. Oh well . . . that's what you get when you get engrossed in a novel written for teenagers.

Alicia, you probably wont mind it but Marg, you'll hate it. Sorry!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Good to know...now I will go with even lower expectations than those I have already....give my absloute ABHORANCE for book #4.

I agree with the Cullens. None of them were special....even Eddy is butt!!

Will give my opinion in a few weeks. I am more excited about HSM3!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel
Bummer about the movie! not all kids movies are that bad.... Harry Potter books are awesome, and the movies are better after reading the books, but the books are still better than the movies (I've only read the first 3, slowing collecting them though... although the next one is a phone book sized one)

Danielle said...

Okay....I have just got back from the movie....and I am in mourning. I am mourning the 2 hours that I have wasted and can never get back.

You were too kind....that was one of the worst films I have EVER seen. Seriously CRAP!! I don't even want to waste my time typing about it.

Though....we have coined a phrase from it. 'Your mood swings are so common I have whiplash'.

But...I haven't seen special effects that bad since 'The Dark Crystal'.....and the acting...OMG'ness....wooden.

So so so so so so so bad!! xo