Thursday, October 30, 2008

Celebrations in October

October is a busy month for our family . . . . . . we have celebrations galore.

I am blatantly stealing an idea from Danielle's Blog which I think she said she stole from someone else. Even so, I got the idea from her. Thanks Dan. And it's a good one so here it is. When someone in the family has a birthday I will blog 10 things I/we love about them . . . . in no particular order. I hope I can think of 10. Just joking . . . . here we go.

13th October . . . . Happy Birthday Dad

Suck it up Dad and read why you are so awesome! He mucks around like he's all that but really doesn't like to hear awesome things about himself!! He'd rather let things like this slide with out mentioning them.

  1. My Dad is the best Dad in the world. Stop rolling your eyes Dad. Just ask Colleen if I am right . . . . . Told ya.
  2. He is smart, super ethical and driven.
  3. He has a great sense of humour. He makes you laugh . . . . even when you don't want to. He used to do that to me when I was a kid, make me laugh when I wanted to pout and now he is doing it to the Gran kids. It's funny now but I wasn't amused when I was trying to pout.
  4. I love it when he's trying to pull one over on you and his mustache starts twitching. Gives him away every time, well almost and if his mustache doesn't give him away his eye brows do. He doesn't think so but it's true.
  5. He is fiercely loyal. Will do anything to protect the ones he loves.
  6. He is definitely the one you want around in a crisis. Solid as a rock!
  7. He taught Coll and I how important it is to be good people by being that himself.
  8. He showed us how fun sports are. To watch and play. I love that he bleeds Black and White. I still salute when I pass the Town Hall.
  9. I love that he served our country for many years. I am very proud of him for the service he gave, both in times of war and in peace. That is a noble and worthwhile sacrifice. Not to make light of his army days . . . but they also saved him from those wild and ugly 70's hair styles. I love that. He has always been handsome! Stop rolling your eyes Dad. Just ask Mum if I am right . . . . Told ya.
  10. He is very kind hearted. He is tough but is also a big softy. We love you Dad. xoxox

16th October . . . . Happy Anniversary . . . . . I think I have said enough about that one!

18th October . . . . Happy 12th Anniversary Coll & Dean
  • Since Coll's list will be at the end of this blog and it is Dean's birthday in less than 2 weeks, I will forgo a list for them. I will how ever say . . . . I love you both very much and like I said on your wedding day. Coll couldn't have picked a more perfect person for her to marry and Dean hit the jackpot because my sister is Gold. Happy 12th.

18th October . . . . Happy Birthday Rob

  1. Rob has a great sense of humour and I love to give him a hard time. He secretly loves it too although he doesn't like to admit it (:
  2. He is faithful and dependable. A very hard worker.
  3. He has a wonderful son. Sorry Oli and Nick, I meant Simon. Not that you aren't both great as well, but Simon is the one I meant.
  4. He has an awesome Grandson . . . . name starting with K . . . . and has the same middle name as his Dad and first names of his 2 Grandads. Yep, that would be Kaiden.
  5. Has an awesome Daughter in law. Heck, the 3 of us are awesome. You know we are Rob.
  6. He is very clever at building and creating things and is always willing to help with my crazy projects. Whether it's a huge wall unit or 350 tiny Christmas trees.
  7. He loves to spend time with my son and is a great Pop.
  8. He loves a good adventure although he might grumble about leaving home and taking time off work, he comes around eventually and has a great time.
  9. He loves his family and is happy to let us know. He gives a good hug!
  10. He is a big softy as well. We love you Rob . . . . Pop!


27th October . . . . Happy Birthday Coll


  1. She really is the best sister in the world. She has put up with me for all these years and still loves me. She is a great friend to me as well as being my big sister.
  2. My sister is fiercely loyal as well. I think we got that from both our parents.
  3. She is a great mother. She has taught me lots about being a Mum.
  4. I love the way she is so involved in her kids lives. She is on every committee and every sports team. If she isn't coaching, she's the team secretary.
  5. She is honest and sticks up for what is right.
  6. She is so organised. Everything is marked on the calendar months in advance and before leaving on trips she has sent itineraries to everyone and packed everything imaginable just in case it might be needed.
  7. I love to hear her laugh. She is very funny.
  8. I love that she isn't scared to try new things . . . a new job, golf, camping among other things. Not that camping is new to her, we did it all the time when we were kids but she didn't like it much. Now she goes with her family and the rumour is . . . . she is loving it. Who knew?
  9. She is patient and kind. She needed to be both to survive being my sister.
  10. I love that she bleeds black and white too. See, it is in our DNA.
  • Love and miss you big sister.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kelly, why is it you can make me cry....I am so proud of you. I just loved reading how you feel about the other two special people in my life...well the other two very closest in our now extended family. It made me smile and cry. I love You.
Mum xoxox
Oh, I love the other blogs too. xox

Danielle said...

See...this blogging thing was a good idea. Aren't you glad you started? Props to me!! ha ha xoxo

Colleen said...

You know you have embarrassed me and made me blush as I'm not good with the compliments. But thank you for what you wrote I appreciate it. Everyone will love to read about themselves (maybe!!)Love and miss you xox

Kelly said...

I know you do. Just like Dad. I should have told you both to just suck it up . . . . everything I wrote was true true true!!

Miss you as well .. .. .. ..