Friday, August 15, 2008

The Twilight Saga . . . . .

I know . . . . So call me a slow learner,
it wouldn't be the 1st time!

Okay, so everyone was (is) talking about this great series & I had no idea what all the hoop la was about because I don't read novels too often. I know, I know . . . I usually have my head stuck in a church book, yes I am a 'Molly' in that regard. Anyway, friends at home were raving about it (Dan & co.) although I had my doubts with all the talk about vampires & werewolves but then some friends here were raving about it as well, so I decided to check out what all the fuss was about. Alicia lent me her copy of "Twilight" as we were going out the door to dinner & a movie on a Saturday night. Needless to say I didn't get too much read that night but started Sunday afternoon after church. Monday I went to good ol Barnes & Noble & acquired my own copy plus book #2 "New Moon". Well as I said . . . I don't really read novels too often & I certainly don't plow through them like Dan & Meg but it is a week & a half later & I am well & truly into book #4 "Breaking Dawn" Honestly . . . . . this really is unheard of for me. Even when I do read I don't get so engrossed that I want to read everyday or even every little bit of spare time during everyday. I know you all do this on a regular basis but I DON'T!! But with these books that is exactly what I have been doing. I spent the week in Utah & took my book thinking I probably wouldn't get to it . . . wrong. I finished the 1st & borrowed Kris' sisters copy of book 2. So if that doesn't say it all, then I don't know what does. I love this series & to be honest I am a little disappointed that I am on the last book because I know that it will soon come to an end. Oh by the way . . . . it's Edward all the way!! Dan, Meg is right, Jacob would never be able to support your shopping habits!! Add another fan to Team Edward !!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

The fourth book SUCKED!!! It is the dumbest book EVER WRITTEN. She lost the plot on this one.

Edward is a pussy!! I am going to pretend it was a Trilogy!! xoxo

Kelly said...

Nice . . . . just because you are a Jacob lover!!! No need to get your knickers in a twist. Regardless . . . I am almost finished & I'm not liking it (that I am almost finished I mean).
You'll need to give me some other GREAT books to read. It's nice to have my head in a fantasy land book instead of the Telly.

nannyjai said...

I have read the first 3 and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I havent started the 4th yet because I am half way through her other book 'The Host' - which Kelly is totally worth a read (though it took me awhile to get into it but once I was fantastic!)... I love reading about your adventures!

Nerissa said...

Don't feel bad Kell I haven't read any of them either. So that makes me even more behind than you. Actually is it shameful to admit I have just finished reading all of Harry Potter - for the first time. I don't know if it's intentional on my part to NOT follow the popular crowd or if it just ends up that way...
The plan is to test out these 'Twilight' books now though... Keith gave me a borders voucher and now with your endorsement too I will go and get the first one.