Being a Mum . . . .
Before I was a Mum,
Before I was a Mum,
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about carseats.
Before I was a Mum,
Before I was a Mum,
I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
Before I was a Mum,
Before I was a Mum,
I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests,
or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
Before I was a Mum,
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put him down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces
when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mum.
Before I was a Mum -
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
Before I was a Mum -
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
I had never known the warmth,
the joy,
the love,
the heartache,
the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mum.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much,
before I was a Mum.
3 comments:
I Love that Kel...had to get a tissue. Keep 'em coming.
Dan xoxo
hey kel....when are we getting a new blog-post? i am bored of this one!! LOL xo
Hi Kelly, can you do a new blog, I need something to read so I don't have to do my own blog.
Post a Comment