This Christmas we did what we did last Christmas . . . . and every other weekend . . . . we headed to Breckenridge for the week. Only differences this year were . . . . we were snowboarding, we had friends to spend Christmas with and our outfits (: That last one is of course important.
This year we had some old friends from Australia meet us there and we spent the holiday with them, the van Huisen family. Dean & I have been friends since I was 15 and he was 16, that is a long time, too long to really think about. Anyway Dean & Pheona have 3 great kids. Rori who is 6 (6 mths younger than Kaiden), Jonah who is 4 and Anakin who is 2. It was great having them here and sharing a bit of our world with them. Kaiden of course was beside himself with excitement. The day they were arriving he must have asked me at least a dozen times if they would be here yet. All the kids got along really well which was great. Apart from Rori being kept inside for a few days due to altitude sickness and a touch of the flew, everyone had a great time.
Of course I set our rooms up with a little Christmas atmosphere. Lights, trees and a few Chrissy decos. Christmas just isn't Christmas with out a tree and some lights. Christmas Eve we all opened our traditional Christmas Eve present - new and most importantly, matching Pj's. All the girls matched and naturally all the boys matched.
I can't believe it though . . . we didn't get photo of all of us together with our matching Pj's on. With Rori feeling a little under the weather we kept putting it off until it was too late. We took on of us though and I will get a pic of the van Huisen's and add it below later.Kaiden, James & Simon in their matching Pj's
Christmas Day was awesome. Too many presents for Kaiden as usual and this year I must say too many presents for James as well. Kaiden got James a couple of things and of course Santa included James in the Pj tradition as well. Really Santa, you aren't supposed to be an enabler. Honestly!So we spent our Christmas day on the slopes snowboarding.
It was great!
Rori in for the day because she was feeling under the weather also meant that Pheona was being the dutiful mother and staying inside with her. She also kept Anakin
with her which meant Dean and Jonah were free to play on the mountain. Dean spent most of the day teaching Jonah how to ski and from all reports, Jonah was did great. I will have to scan our Christmas day photo and add it later, other wise if I wait we'll be home before my Christmas post is done. Of course I wore the appropriate Christmas hat attire although I did wear my helmet while I was boarding. I aint that stupid but the rest of the time . . . it was jingle all the way!
At the end of the day I took the boys (Kaiden and Jonah) inside for a drink and a well earned rest while the bigger boys (Simon & Dean) hit the slopes for a few more runs. A great day was had by all. We cancelled our Christmas dinner plans so we could all go back to our hotel to join the Girls and Anakin. Simon & Dean went out and got us all some Chrissy dinner which we could all share together.
Arhh Christmas . . . . thanks for a great day Santa!


2 comments:
I am so jealous. Jealous I have not been brave enough, or cashed up enough, to come and visit you while you've been away. You are making the most awesome memories. I am worried for when you come home. Your feet are going to itch right off!! xoxo
We have made the most of our time here that is for sure. It was fun having friends from home visit.
Don't worry Dan, I have fait that one day you'll get on a plane and venture into the world (;
Post a Comment