Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Dean - 9th November

Happy Birthday Deano, Dippa or what I like to call you . . . . Dean.
Now I hope you didn't think that you would escape my new family tradition . . . . (thanks Dan)

10 Things we love about Dean . . . .

  1. He married my sister so he has good taste in women. I was going to leave it at 'good taste' but then his taste in football teams popped into my head and I couldn't just leave it so open ended. I would even say Great taste in women.
  2. He is a good Dad. Loves to get out and play with his kids. He is a great family man. He loves his family - not just his immediate family either. I mean the entire family, extended, in laws, the lot of us and he is very loyal.
  3. He is laid back and takes things in his stride. I haven't heard him raise his voice very often (not including raising his voice at the TV or at a sporting event . . . . it's a given that those things don't count)
  4. He is a handy man extraordinaire. He has help but the things he tackles around the house is fantastic. From putting up their huge pergola to knocking out walls in the kitchen and tiling . . . that is barely scratching the surface. He is very clever.
  5. He is generous with his time. He is always willing to help out his family and friends.
  6. He is dedicated. He has been studying for a number of years part time while working full time but is determined to finish his extra studies.
  7. I love that he is so into sports. Couldn't imagine Coll with anyone who didn't but he does and he loves to get out there and give it a go whether it's on an organised team or in the backyard with the kids and some mates.
  8. He kind hearted.
  9. He loves to laugh. He has a great sense of humour! Bit of a smart a** but very funny!
  10. He is the big brother that I always wanted growing up. Sorry I'm included in the package.

Love you Dean

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly for your special little messages, if you were here in Perth I would give you a great big hug.

In case you need some ideas for next year, you can include fisherman extraordinaire (best blowie catcher in Como), first class footy player (forget the 3 knee recons and bung shoulder, still managed to get one kick in before retiring) and ultra long distance runner (can run a full 100m without stopping).

Thanks again, luv Dippa.

nannyjai said...

Hey Dean and I have the same birthday!

Colleen said...

That's my boy!! Very good Kel - would have to agree. He was very chuffed and surprised! I like the extra talents he added! xx