Wednesday, November 19, 2008

18th November . . . weren't we suposed to be on a plane right about now?

Just thought I document this monumental stuff up and also let you all know that we are not in San Diego as planned, we are still in Denver. Arhhhh . . . . . it is a long story but let me tell you my version of the short version (: Simon called me just after 9.30 am this morning to let me know it was possible we wouldn't be going. Of course my reaction was . . . . "Are you joking?" Not putting it past him considering all the hoops he had to jump through just to get a straight answer about us (him) going in the first place. We didn't get the go ahead until last Friday and originally we were supposed to leave on Sunday but they put him off until today. Remember that client that was supposed to be done with by the end of May, June at the latest? Yep it was them again. Simon missed out on going to the conference in Florida earlier this year because they couldn't do with out him and again . . . . they can't do with out him. It is nice to be loved but do they realise he's already married?

Anyway . . . I digress . . . I know the unthinkable . . . So I headed to school to pick up Kaiden fully aware I was about to break his little heart. He was so excited this morning when he woke up saying "today is the day!" So after gently breaking the unfortunate news, he took a moment . . . . grunted a little and said in a rather frustrated and annoyed tone " My Dad is the only one who works hard at that place. It isn't fair! He's the only one, except that other Aussie guy" We went to visit Simon at work after trick or treating and Simon and this 'other Aussie Guy' were the only ones left late at night. Kaiden wasn't impressed. So after calming him down I took him straight to piano. At the end of Kaiden's lesson I called Simon hoping we had a yay or nay, he said he was waiting for the phone call that was due at any moment with the verdict. So he said to be on the ready just in case we had to make a mad dash for the airport to make our 5.40 pm flight.
At 3.50 pm Simon called with the bad news . . . . we can't go! The silver lining is that we MAY be able to go on Friday night and come home Tuesday night. Simon would miss his conference but that also means he wont be working which means he'll have more time to play with us!! I wont hold my breath in case I actually lose consciousness . . . I wont believe we are actually going until we are getting on the plane. What a saga. It made for a very stressful day. Not happy Jan! Stay tuned for the conclusion of this tale . . . . hopefully from a San Diego beach front Resort.

No comments: