Sunday, October 26, 2008

Last few days in Cabo.

Arh . . . . this is the life!!

The last few days we spent on the beach. It was so relaxing. Kaiden and Simon sent a lot of time in the water while my favourite place was on my deck chair in prime position for the sellers to come and show me there stuff. How good is that. You can laze on the beach, drink mocktails, watch my boys on the beach and have the shopping come to me. I was in heaven. It was so nice, besides, I am not a big fan of sand in the ol cozzies. Why can't the sand just stay on the bottom of the ocean where it belongs. It has no business floating all around getting into places it doesn't belong. I did swim in the ocean a few times though but no where near as much as the boys. I had other things to do. Did I mention the mobile shopping? (:

Kaiden's magnificent creation. Complete with 5 tunnels.

We did manage to venture out. We went para sailing one afternoon. Kaiden was really keen to give it a go. We had wanted to do it in Playa Del Carmon in May with Nan and Pop but the wind was against us. The plan was to have the 3 of us all go up together but the boat we got could only do two at a time. I thought for sure that Kaiden would change his mind once we got out on the water but he didn't. He was ready to go. First Kaiden and I went up together and to say that he LOVED it would be an understatement. I asked him a few times if he was scared but he was fine. He even waved to Daddy Ant down in the boat. He was so excited that we were as high as the mountains and we were easily higher than the cruise ship that had docked for the day. The view was amazing. This was my second time parasailing and I have to say that I was a little nervous myself taking Kaiden up. It's one thing to plumit into the water on your own but with your 6 year old . . .not so much. But he was fine, so I quickly forgot about our impending doom and enjoyed the ride. Then it was Simon's turn. He got to go up by himself and he got a really good ride as well. The thing he said was, that he was surprised at how gentle it was. That was exactly what I thought when I first went. I don't really know what I was expecting but it really is just like you are floating ever so gently. Kaiden was so impressed he's raring to go up again, although he is adamant that next time he's going up by himself. We'll see. I think (hope) there's an age limit that might make him wait a few years yet and if there isn't, at least that will be my story. So much for having fear. Good job Kaiden. That is Simon all the way up there. Kaiden is sort of pointing to him.


Kaiden was playing on the beach when he found every 6 year old boys dream. A hermit crab. He was so excited. He kept him for a little while in the little home he made for him in his bucket then eventually let him go. Still he provided tones of entertainment.
Not that you can actually see him in the bucket but he is there.

Oh my goodness . . . . . I almost forgot the funniest Kaiden story of the trip. Well he saw all of the vendors selling there stuff and making money and we all know how much Kaiden is in love with money at the moment. Although I must say that it has settled down a little since the summer thank goodness. Still, he decided to go into business. He found a bunch of shells on the beach and collected them in his shoe. Once he decided he had enough he went off up and down the beach trying to sell his shells to anyone that would listen to him.

He's an Aussie kid in Cabo Mexico, a place full of American tourists . . . . he had plenty of people willing to look and listen. Surprisingly he didn't get any takers on the selling part. Well I think he only actually asked one group of people before we actually realised what he was doing. I went over and had a lovely conversation with them and apologised for the little entrepreneur. We then had to tell him that is was illegal for him to sell his shells on the beach because he was taking a job away from one of the locals and besides that he didn't have a permit to sell shells. It took some convincing but we finally got him to give up on the idea of selling but he still wanted to show people what he found. A compromise we could live with. He's cracks us up. The thing is he is so serious about all of these little ideas that he comes up with and sensitive about them too so you have to take it seriously as well or there is trouble. Bless his little heart.

The eight days came and went. As all holidays it was over too soon but how can we complain. We had a great holiday in Cabo. It was nice to just do nothing for a change. We usually fill in our days with lots of trips sightseeing and things but this one was just a relax and enjoy the moment of nothing. I think we all need that once in a while. I know Simon sure did. He's been working so many hours lately, it was nice to see him wind down and enjoy our anniversary trip. Happy 10th Anniversary Honey. I love you and look forward to planning the 20th Anniversary trip. Of course I meant to say I look forward to the next 10 years with you as well . . . . told you it's getting serious!

No comments: